The Ultimate Packing Checklist for Any Vacation
Don't forget anything on your next trip!
Packing for a vacation can sometimes be a little stressful. You want to make sure you have everything you need for your trip, and make sure it all fits in your suitcase! Here, we provide you with the ultimate packing checklist for any vacation!
Once you have all your items you will need, you might need some help packing it all up! We have you covered on that too, with some awesome packing tips that we use all the time!
Here are some airline packing guidelines of what you can and cannot bring on the plane with you!
With this list, you won’t forget anything on your vacation! Continue reading for more on the ultimate packing checklist for any vacation!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Travel Packing Checklist Items
When packing clothes for an upcoming trip, I suggest looking at your agenda and the weather for each day. Plan an outfit accordingly for each day. Here are some essential packing tips for travelers!
Additionally, I always pack 2-3 extra outfits, just in case the weather changes, I spill something, or just to have some options! This strategy will prevent you from overpacking, while also making sure you have all the clothing you need for the trip!
General clothing list:
- Outfits for each day dependent on weather and occasion
- Socks, undergarments, etc.
- Pajamas/comfy clothes for hotel or downtime
- Nice outfit in case you go out somewhere fancy
- Gym clothes if working out, hiking, doing something active
- Scarf or outfit covering shoulders if going to a church or temple
- Glasses if you need them
When packing toiletries, especially liquids, less is more! Get a good liquids bag to store all your goodies, especially ones with small containers. I use this liquids bag, and I love it! I like that it has tiny containers if you just need to pack a little bit of something!
General toiletry packing list:
- Shampoo/conditioner (or just use the hotels to save space)
- Body wash
- Razor (can be packed in carry on)
- Contacts (and a couple extra pairs just in case) & Solution
- I like to pack a small loofa
- Medicines/vitamins (easily pack in a travel pill case)
- Hand sanitizer
- Bug repellent
- I always pack a zip loc of a few bandaids, q-tips, etc. just in case!
- Dramamine if you get motion sick or are going on a boat.
- Tampons/pads if you will need them
- Perfume (get a sample size if you can!)
- Makeup remover
- Hairbrush (I like these because they are so small!)
- Hair dryer/straightener/curler (these cordless ones are great for traveling)
- Face Wash
- Any other things you use daily: hair products, shave cream, lotion, tweezers, primer, etc.
There are some things you just CANNOT forget when you are traveling, making them a top priority on the ultimate packing checklist for any vacation! Here are some packing tips that might help!
- Driver’s license or ID
- Passport (if needed)
- Credit cards
- House & car keys
- Boarding passes (or have them on your phone)
- Tickets to any events you will be attending
- School ID (hey, you might get a discount!)
- Medical insurance info, just in case
Any good vacation includes a beach, pool, or jacuzzi! Thats why we needed to include it on our ultimate packing checklist for any vacation!
You can check out our packing list to have an epic beach day here!
General Beach/Pool Packing List
- Beach towel (or if you don’t have enough room, just use a hotel towel!)
- Bathing suit (1-2 to let them dry in between wears)
- Flip flops
- Sunscreen (sample sized if taking in carry on)
- Floppy hat (see essential packing tips to learn how to pack one!)
- Bathing suit cover up
Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, chances are you will have some sort of electronic with you!
Thanks for reading the ultimate packing checklist for any vacation! Did I forget anything? Let me know in the comments below!